Migrating your website to Weave Studios
Don't stress. Migrating to us is a piece of pie!
Simply choose a date and time & we'll take care of the rest.
Website Migration by experts
We are committed to all our customers, but we also want to help new customer join us with ease.
Migrating from another web host can be a complicated and stressful process. The last thing you want is unnecessary downtime putting off potential customers and effecting your business.
If you're still not sure that's where our team of experts come in. Get in touch with us, and we'll talk you through your options.
We’re so happy you’re considering moving to us.
Here we provide an overview of our migration process and what to expect before, during, and after your move.
Many people are hesitant about switching hosts, which is understandable, but we handle the process for you, safely and securely.
We look after your website with more attention to detail than our own, and you don’t need any tech skills; we do everything for you.
Please don’t hesitate to get in touch if you have any questions.
We’re looking forward to welcoming you to the family!
What is included with your migration
Migrations are free with any hosting plan and if your plan supports multiple websites we'll migrate as many as your plan supports.
- Transferring from a self-hosted web host (e.g. SiteGround, TSOHost, GoDaddy, IONIS etc.)? We carry out a complete transfer of everything, including your files, content and databases.
- Transferring from WordPress.com? We are able to transfer all of your content, including posts, comments, images, etc. and your followers. We install any WordPress theme you like, as long as it's compatible with a self-hosted WordPress site (we can confirm if the theme you want to use or buy is compatible).
- We carry out malware scanning & cleaning takes place towards the end of your migration, so you can rest assured your website is virus-free.
- We safely transfer any emails you want migrating to us, set up email@example.com email addresses, and help you with mail client setup (e.g. Outlook or Apple Mail).
- If you have a domain name you'd like to use, we can transfer it to us as part of your migration (transferring incurs a separate cost depending on your domain extension), or update your name servers with your current registrar so you can use it from where it's currently registered.
- A free SSL certificate is included and installed, so your website URL begins with https:// & provides your visitors with better security. Your SSL certificate renews automatically for free.
I’m ready! What do I do now?
Transferring to us is as easy as 1, 2, 3. There are three steps to booking in a migration. After that you can sit back and relax!
1. Choose a migration date
2. Purchase your hosting plan
3. Relax and wait
Step 1: Choose your migration date and time
Pick a slot on the calendar by using the arrows to navigate through the months, and selecting your chosen date, then completing a short form. You’ll get an email confirmation.
Please make sure your old hosting plan will still be active for at least 48 hours after your migration date. If you want to transfer a domain, it must have at least 7 days left before it’s due to expire.
If you can’t see a time or date that works, please contact us.
You will be required to be available for the first 10 minutes of your migration, to confirm you’re still happy to go ahead, and so our team can check they have the login details & required access.
You do not need to purchase your hosting immediately as long as it has been bought at least 24 hours before your migration is due to take place.
If you have multiple websites, please choose one migration slot per site. If you have 3 or more sites to move, please contact us directly first.
Step 2: Purchase your hosting plan
Take a look at our web hosting plans and choose the most suitable package.
If you don’t already have a domain name, you can search available names using the top “Register a new domain,” option and add one to your basket.
If you already have a domain name, choose the “I will use my existing domain and update my nameservers" option. Enter your existing domain name in the box that appears. If you’re migrating multiple websites, just enter one domain name. Our team will talk through transferring or updating your other domains later on in the migration process.
If you have a domain and would like to transfer it to Weave Studios, choose the middle option ("Transfer your domain from another registrar") and enter your domain name. We will help you with the rest of the transfer when the order is placed.
Complete the rest of the checkout process following the instructions.
Congratulations! You've now purchased your hosting and you're almost part of the Weave Studios family.
Step 3: relax and wait
Our team will contact you for all the details we need to complete the migration including your current hosts login details etc.
When the the day of you migration arrives our team will contact you to confirm you are happy to go ahead and test that all the credientials you've provided work.
We will then get to work and contact you once the migration is complete.
Why migrate to Weave Studios
We guarantee our commitment to speed and reliability.
We use the latest and fastest web servers available. All hosting servers utilise LiteSpeed web server & caching technologies to deliver lightning-fast speeds for your website.
Our UK based datacenter utilises a high capacity multi-carrier network with the best routing technologies ensuring fast content delivery.
Our customers data is important to us therefore we spare no cost ensuring our clients websites are kept secure. Regular virus & malware scans are made on your files.
Regular patches and updates are installed on our hosting servers to make sure that your data is safe from vulnerabilities and security floors.
Having a website means anyone can find out about you anytime of the day or night. That is why we can offer a 99.99% uptime guarantee.
We are dedicated to providing a very reliable uptime guarantee ensuring high availability for your website.
Our team are talented individuals who enjoy what they do, always working together, we aim for swift resolution to any issues.
We don't outsource. We have 100% UK based support, providing assistance to all of our clients and struggling non-customers via email.